Discuss Vertical radiator issues in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Why do you want to remove the rad?, isn't it the TRV that's the problem?.
If the TRV is shutting off on the frost setting, it doesn't matter whether it has a zero setting or not if you want to remove the rad, as long as you don't remove the actuator.

Why do you want to remove the rad?, isn't it the TRV that's the problem?.
If the TRV is shutting off on the frost setting, it doesn't matter whether it has a zero setting or not if you want to remove the rad, as long as you don't remove the actuator.
Sorry. I didn’t mean remove rad but change the Trv to the inlet side

Yes it’s well shut on frost setting but we were talking about isolating and removing this rad which you can’t do if Trv only goes to frost setting and doesn’t have a zero or off setting and I obviously didn’t know such Trv s existed. I thought they all had an off setting🙈🙈
You mean its shut but passing?, doesn't matter anyway as you can't remove the TRV without draining down the system, I have changed out ~ 4 over the past 12 years or so and allways had to drain down.

You mean its shut but passing?, doesn't matter anyway as you can't remove the TRV without draining down the system, I have changed out ~ 4 over the past 12 years or so and allways had to drain down.
Yes I know I need drain the whole system.
Just a bit of confusion because of two conversations….. sorry…..a bit too much vino😳I asked Shauncorbs earlier why I couldn’t isolate and drain this rad as I had tried earlier and failed. ..

Reply to Vertical radiator issues in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock