Discuss vented indirect water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redmist

hi there looking for a little help, i have a water tank in the cupboard upstairs run by economy 7 rubbish and i am having a wood burner put in downstairs with a back boiler just to heat the water and a heat sink rad.i have bought a new indirect water tank and was wondering if i could plumb this in to the existing pipe work but dont want to use the coil inside could i just cap it off to be used at a later date or will this damage the coil many thanks in advance
Dean

Won't damage coil. But have u got right coil ? And do u know how to set up gravity system

thanks for the reply, yes i am sure i have it all worked out i have a good mate who is a central heating self employed plumber and have run it by him he is going to check all plumbing before we try it out,as i have it theres a flow and return from the boiler to cylinder with the flow continuing to a f&e tank in the loft and the fill going back to the return from cylinder, the f&e tank this tank is copper with a copper ball,so i can put the new cylinder in place and just cap boiler inputs should i fill the coil with water or not ,oh forgot there is also a heat leak going in too many thanks

I think i'm being thick. just read your post again..you want to heat the new cylinder with a wood burner but not use the coil..?

I think he hasn't much idea, tbh.
What I think he is trying to say is, he is basically wanting to know can he fit an indirect copper cylinder, but not yet join the heating primaries, which are to be done later. He seems to think the coil requires to be filled with water and/or capped off, to prevent what he mistakenly believes could cause possible damage to coil.
I speak Japanese! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vented indirect water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock