Search the forum,

Discuss Van door cills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanke

Hi all
Spent the morning cleaning the van. The cills have several areas where the paint has come off leaving bare metal :confused5:
Just wondered if anyone else has the same type of problem or if you can get a protector to cover it over ?
Van is vauxhall vivaro

Modern paint on vehicles seems to be very weak & just rubs away where the water of the roads hits. I wonder if your van is within paint/body warranty period, would it be covered for that?
You probably will be best getting it resprayed first. You can get that sill guard rubber type coating that takes abuse from chips etc. There is a clear film for covering painted places like top of sill
where you step over to get into your car/van.
Better just to buy a new van every 3 years. :smile:

The paint does seem thin as patches have appeared around door handles & on wings etc as well. No luck on the warranty & patches a bit big / visible to respray myself

[DLMURL="http://van-styling.com/vauxhallopel-vivaro-sportive-door-sills-sportive,f,11,number,410374"]Door sills (Sportive) Vauxhall/Opel Vivaro[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL="http://van-styling.com/vauxhallopel-vivaro-sportive-door-sills-sportive,f,11,number,410374"]Door sills (Sportive) Vauxhall/Opel Vivaro[/DLMURL]
Hi
was looking at something like that but they only cover the flat part. My problem is on the 90 degree Angle below where the door is. So if looking from outside at closed door it is just below the door

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van door cills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
I’m at a loss with this one. We renovated a run down house and have lived in it now for about 16 months. We had a new Greenstar 8000 Style 35 installed. Just before Christmas - about 12 months after install - we came home to a funny smell like paint, shoe polish etc - a very chemical smell...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Hi Troops, I hope everyone is enjoying a well deserved Sunday off. I've just purchased a VW Crafter MWB, my last van was Vauxhall Vivaro. I racked it out with Plywood shelfing purchased from Vanify. It was okay but I really like the look of Botts Smartvan. Never seen anyone have it other than...
Replies
Views
So it is time for me to scrap my vivaro which has just be written off my the insurance company after someone crashed into the van while parked. Lucky as I was just going to dump it this yr any way. Will be sad as have had it for 12yrs. Any way, need to get a new one which complies with euro 6...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock