Search the forum,

Discuss Valient Ecotec Pro Droning Noise in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can offer any advice/solutions...
I have a boiler, a Valient EcoTec 28 pro, which was fitted a year ago.
It makes a droning noise which resonates through the entire house. When it startes you hear this drone, which is loud enough to wake you if it kicks in during the night.
It has been taken off of the wall and re-mounted onto a rubber backing to try to stop the noise. I have also taken down the boxing around it to try to prevent echoing.
It has been serviced and there is nothing mechanically wrong with it.
I'm at a loss about what to do, as you cannot escape this noise whenever the heating is on.
All of the downstairs radiators and pipework have been replaced and the system was powerflushed.
Does anyone have any suggestions that could possibly help, aside from switching to electric heaters, which, if I had the money to, I would do!
Please note,
The company who did the install have been very good about trying to find a solution and I have not had a problem with them at all, in fact, I think they have been extremely fair and professional regarding this. We are all slightly baffled over why it is happening, so ideas 'outside the box' would be appreciated!

Haven’t you had vaillant out under warranty?

Haven’t you had vaillant out under warranty?
Hi. No, not yet, as the plumbers have been out and cannot see any problem to do with the boiler. Since it was remounted (yesterday) it seems quieter when it is running the heating (after initial start up), but if you call for hot water it fires up and the noise wakes up people in the other room! It seems to be more of a reverberation thing when the pump is having to work hard....

Has it made the noise since it was fitted?
Sounds like a call to vaillant is needed
Thanks @scott_d
It has, its a low drone but the plumbers think that is just the sound of it. The problem is it transmits through the entire house, so it's actually more noisy upstairs than down. I'm led to believe that is just the normal noise of the pump and this is just a strange situation where there is a noise short. It is now mounted with a hard rubber backing behind it but that doesn't seem to stop the noise transmit.
I will call Valient, just in case they have any ideas, but I wondered if anyone had come across a similar problem.

Reply to Valient Ecotec Pro Droning Noise in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock