Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecoTec fault signal in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Does the Vaillant ecoTec have an output that I can connect to an external buzzer to alert me when it’s shut down with a fault?

I find my wife performs that function
Nothing I’m aware of, but you can get audible alarms for condensate pumps. Any reason? They normally come up with a Fault code.
It always shows a fault code, but you have to look for it. So the first I know is when I’m standing in a lukewarm shower or my wife complains that the house has gone cold. I’m looking for an early warning to make life easier.

Vaillant VR40 accessory module. It will let you output ultra low voltage on fault condition.

I set up 3 orange strobes in a buildings office connected to 3 separate VR40’s (1 in each of 3 boilers).

This allowed the site manager to see when a boiler had gone down without going to the boiler house.
Thanks. Sounds just what I need. Based on my experience of VaIllant, that building must be lit up like a Christmas tree.

Thanks. Sounds just what I need. Based on my experience of VaIllant, that building must be lit up like a Christmas tree.

That’s an opinion I don’t often come across. How come you’ve had enough issues with Vaillant to garner your opinion?

I get people have their preferred manufacturers and I’m biased (Vaillant approved), but I have very few issues with the ones I fit.

That’s an opinion I don’t often come across. How come you’ve had enough issues with Vaillant to garner your opinion?

I get people have their preferred manufacturers and I’m biased (Vaillant approved), but I have very few issues with the ones I fit.

Very little experience to be honest. I’ve had this boiler for less than three months and it’s shut down at least seven times with a variety of codes. Three engineer visits have failed to rectify it. The blasted thing seems to be too sensitive to its environment. Maybe I’m just unlucky, but if it’s going to keep turning off on a whim I really need an audible fault warning.

Reply to Vaillant ecoTec fault signal in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock