Discuss Vaillant ecoMax 828/2E (VUW GB 286/2-C) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I wonder if can someone offer any solution... I have a Vaillant ecoMax 828/ 2E boiler which is leaking. To start the repair do I need to adjust the diverter valve to the middle position to purge the boiler? If so what function on the program do I need to go to adjust the diverter valve to the middle position?

Last edited:
The leak is not coming from the diverter valve, but from the end side of the pipe that is connecting the aqua valve to the secondary heat exchanger, (12 plates).
Yeah, quite a common place for it to fail. Unfortunately as the case forms part of the combustion circuit and you’re not in the gas engineers section, forums rules forbid us to give out gas related advice (I know it’s water but as I said, part of the combustion circuit).

Reply to Vaillant ecoMax 828/2E (VUW GB 286/2-C) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need some help from the internet before I waste any more time and money trying to fix air getting in to my central heating! Looking for advise...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am not going to make any repairs myself on my boilers but no plumbers have been able to solve my issue. I am seeking for help on this...
Replies
Views
My heating has developed a new and unwelcome quirk just recently, which is that it's sporadically failing to provide hot water. This is something...
Replies
Views
Ideal boiler loosing pressure (AT WITS END) Hi all looking to converse about my boiler problem with people with knowledge. I’d be grateful for...
Replies
Views
The copper pipe that connects is on the LHS (view from front) and I get a small leak every other day. Do not have to top up frequently, just wipe...
Replies
Views
Jiten bulsara
J
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock