Discuss vaillant controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

been asked to fit a vaillant plus - what are the vaillant controls like now are they easier to use than the older ones - the customer is old but requesting the vaillant rf programmable control

If they are above retirement age i would stick with a basic up and down stat. The vaillant programmable stat is still a bit complicated for some people. You dont want endless call backs when they realise that they havent programmed it to call for heat.

If they are above retirement age i would stick with a basic up and down stat. The vaillant programmable stat is still a bit complicated for some people. You dont want endless call backs when they realise that they havent programmed it to call for heat.

This is good advice. Vaillant controls and simple, do not go together. However, I can understand the ease of the installation side with plug-in stuff that come with most boilers now.

If you are a bit more confident with your wiring, this one is ok:

Siemens RDH10-RF Wireless Digital Room Thermostat: Heating Controls Online

Fitted one a few weeks ago and elderly customers could understand it and work it. It is not programmable, so a basic timer was already fitted to the boiler which I left on timed - The stat has both existing room temperature and setting temperature on display.

The reciever device on this had a nice footprint which allowed wiring up the back easily and it set itself up by just removing the battery slip on the transmitter device.

For the price as well which was just over ÂŁ50 from plumbase, was not so bad.

This is good advice. Vaillant controls and simple, do not go together. However, I can understand the ease of the installation side with plug-in stuff that come with most boilers now.

If you are a bit more confident with your wiring, this one is ok:

Siemens RDH10-RF Wireless Digital Room Thermostat: Heating Controls Online

Fitted one a few weeks ago and elderly customers could understand it and work it. It is not programmable, so a basic timer was already fitted to the boiler which I left on timed - The stat has both existing room temperature and setting temperature on display.

The reciever device on this had a nice footprint which allowed wiring up the back easily and it set itself up by just removing the battery slip on the transmitter device.

For the price as well which was just over ÂŁ50 from plumbase, was not so bad.

I use the Siemens alot on installs where simplicity is key. There is a programable version of that stat too - which isn't too complicated either.

We used to use the Siemens stats all the time in work, but we had endless call backs with people having issues with them. Either couldn't figure out how to use them or they'd lose signal or the relay in the receiver wouldn't switch. Now we use the Drayton stats. A lot better in my opinion!

same here siemens ones only seem to last a few years . try and fit honeywell but they are expensive now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock