Search the forum,

Discuss Useful ap for bending offsets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

Anyone who has a iphone might like this little ap. It calculates the measurement for bending a pipe offset. Bit gimmicky, but we can never have enough aps and who knows it might help a few students....

App Store - Pipe Offset Calculator

i bought steve muscofts plumbing book to teach myself,, im reading the section on pipe bending,, but cant get my head round it.... dont pro's plumbers just measure a little and guess the rest from experience, if i had to do it with that many calculation i think id be there all day doing 1 bend..

For speed, I cheat. I always carry a cutting of 10mm cable and bend it to the shape I need and use it as a rough template. I tidy up the finished bends on the machine. Measuring offsets is easy and comes with experience. Never used a mathematical formula in my life (well did once on a bet on the horses)

For speed, I cheat. I always carry a cutting of 10mm cable and bend it to the shape I need and use it as a rough template. I tidy up the finished bends on the machine. Measuring offsets is easy and comes with experience. Never used a mathematical formula in my life (well did once on a bet on the horses)
That's old school system 3, I used to use 6mm round bar when doin pipe fitting, basically your making a template of what the pipe will look like. It's mainly used for large pipes so you can enter the fittings without pulling the pipe to get it to fit. I have my own method on 15 and 22 but too hard to explain

tom plumb on youtube has a couple of good videos on pipe bending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Useful ap for bending offsets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Need a bit of advice for installing a shower mixer valve. Issue Im having is that the tiler put the tiles on and the gap has went from 150mm to 135mm. I have 2 copper pipes coming out of the wall and have the mixer valve already measuring 150mm. Ive two offset connectors but not sure how to...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
L
So my toilet got blocked and none of the usual methods were working. I had a drain snake lying around in a kitchen drawer so thought I'd give it a go. I didn't bother to check online how to use it etc (obviously 🙄) I just shoved it down the u bend and wiggled it about a bit and all the Rubbish...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in the garage which is fully pumped to the TS, the system has two pumps both basic 3speed Grunfoss, one on the boiler return and the other on the CH flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock