Discuss Urinal Auto Siphon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I am working with a contractor who has installed a cistern with auto siphon to flush 3 urinals.

The urinal flush drips constantly but never flushes.

The cistern is not located above the centre of the urinals, but on a side wall. As the flush pipe leaves the cistern it turns 90 and runs around the corner to the centre of the 3 urinals then splits off to the individual urinals.

The cistern fills with a cistermiser valve.

The siphon has just been replaced so this evidently isnt faulty.

The pipe out of the cistern has been increased to 28mm and has a breather pipe fitted so we cannot see that the issue is due to a flow restriction in the flush pipe.

The only other problem we can think of is that the siphon is airlocked, however it is tight against the ceiling so can't be filled with a bucket to purge this. How fast does the cistern need to fill to clear an air lock?

Has anybody got any thoughts as to other possible causes / solutions?

Cheers

Just because the siphon has been replaced doesn't mean it's not faulty.

(I fitted a brand new Saniflo pump today then found it had a hairline crack in the base)

Is the cistern filling to above the siphon?
Is the water dribbling out the spreaders on the Bowls, if so have you checked the spreaders aren't blocked?

If the cistern isn't filling have you bypassed the Cistermiser to prove it's not that?

as above and how do you know the cistern is full of water?????????

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urinal Auto Siphon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock