Discuss upstairs hot,downstairs cold.help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt h

I recently installed a heat only boiler and new pump and initially everything seemed to work ok. Now though its not getting downstairs. Its an s plan plus,one zone valve for upstairs one for downstairs.I had a spare zone valve so i replaced the downstairs one but its still not getting down.I've drained it down a couple of times and re-filled thinking it could be an airlock and thats not cured it.Could it be sludge/blockage? Should i try the pump on its lowest setting? I don't think its a wiring problem,the stats seem to be working ok with the zone valves. I'd be grateful for any more ideas. Like i said earlier theres a new pump so i'm sure its not a faulty pump as is usually the case with downstairs not getting warm!

Hot upstairs and cold downstairs is a classic sympton of the pump not working. Is pump bled? Is pump big/powerful enough for the installation?

Hot upstairs and cold downstairs is a classic sympton of the pump not working. Is pump bled? Is pump big/powerful enough for the installation?
I seem to recall the pump i replaced was a bit bigger and its on 28mm gate valves.Its a fairly big house,10 rads.DO you think i should swap for a bigger pump? It worked downstairs initially though?

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard pump (I assume you have one of these) should be fine for 10 radiators. Have you tried bleeding it?

The pump felt pretty hot to touch.I'm guessing it shouldn't be red hot.

it was a standard circulating pump from Plumb Center,about £40.Not a recognisable brand like Grundfos.Have fit them in the past with no problems.

If the valves are opening it will be air.
How did you split the zones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to upstairs hot,downstairs cold.help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock