Search the forum,

Discuss Upgrading Worcester Bosch 440 CDi ERP to weather compensation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

S

SteveV

Hello everyone,

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 440CDI ERP installed in my cellar with EPH room thermostats, for 2 zones of heating in my house. These controls are a bit basic as they only allow one temperature and basic on/off times.

I have seen the FW100 weather compensating controller and wonder if this will save me anything on my gas bill.

So my questions are:

1. Is the FW100 any good?
2. Can it be installed into the boiler fascia when the boiler is in the cellar, rather than the main living space?
3. Are any other sensors required or recommended in the house?
4. Can I just remove the wiring from the EPH programmer to the boiler or is there other reconfiguration needed?

Cheers,

Steve

1. Is the FW100 any good?
Don't know but it should still help you make some savings, compared to smart controllers like Nest, Hive and Tado it does look dated.

2. Can it be installed into the boiler fascia when the boiler is in the cellar, rather than the main living space?
Looks like it but double check with WB.

3. Are any other sensors required or recommended in the house?
There will be a sensor to be wired in and attached to the north face of your property.

4. Can I just remove the wiring from the EPH programmer to the boiler or is there other reconfiguration needed?
If it slots into the boiler facia it will be plug n play if not you'll have to wire it up like your existing controller.

Reply to Upgrading Worcester Bosch 440 CDi ERP to weather compensation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock