Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fatboy123

if i am gas safe registered and have got an installation to do on a system boiler that includes an unvented cylinder can I sign this off under gas safe regulations as I don;t have an unvented ticket.thanks advance

not being funny, but i think you answered your own question lol, without the ticket and being registered, how can you give sumone the paperwork?

if i am gas safe registered and have got an installation to do on a system boiler that includes an unvented cylinder can I sign this off under gas safe regulations as I don;t have an unvented ticket.thanks advance
as stan said you need to be G3 qualified as well

This question could be read two ways. If it's a straight boiler swap and the cylinder isn't being touched then there should be no problem with signing off the boiler install although if any work is carried out on the unvented the installer would need the ticket.

yeah its just a boiler straight swop,no need to touch unvented cylinder, so that would be ok for me to sign of just the boiler,and then advise the customer that he really needs the unvented checked as it is a rented house,and has been unchecked for a few years,thanks for your help mike

Unvented Cylinders should be serviced every year anyway (although no-one ever will). I guess as long as you're not messing with the wiring/controls and only the boiler, you should be fine.

i would still be wary. imo working on/replacing a heating source to an unvented cylinder means you need to know the regulations for unvented (g3) especially regarding the stages of control required for heat sources to the cylinder. Try and insist on it being serviced at the same time by a qualified person and they can ensure everything is fine.

Thanks for all your replies and advice. I contacted Gas safe myself, as I was unsure, and as it was only a boiler replacement they said it was fine for me to do it ,and sign it off, as I did not touch the unvented cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
What would be the heating time for this (indirect) vented cylinder? Rated coil = 14kw Is it 96 litres x 4.2 specific weight x 40 (dT) ? How do I...
Replies
Views
Do most composite valves now for unvented cylinders have a tee on them For the expansion valve connection? The ones I used to fit just had the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock