Discuss Unvented qualification not visible on GSR? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

thereisawizza

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I may probably answer my own question here;

Sat UHW10 last year, on the Gas Safe Register site am only listed as vented cylinders? Do I need to inform GSR or is it even within their duristiction?

Many thanks guys, Rich.

Got nothing to do with them. They only lost your gas quals.

my tkt is on my gsr card

vented or unvented ?

also i was of the understanding its a wet qualification , further more you would have to pay for it to be added onto your card. i dont bother just wait till the following year then again i am from yorkshire

vented or unvented ?

also i was of the understanding its a wet qualification , further more you would have to pay for it to be added onto your card. i dont bother just wait till the following year then again i am from yorkshire

Have you ever had to show your card?

vented or unvented ?

my unvented and i am a yorkshire man too bod and i didnt pay to put it on there, dont know why its on there

thought BARNOLDSWICK , was lancashire , then again id say yorkshire too was up near you last week keighley

sadly its now in lancashire boo hoo, there is a campaign to get it back to yorkshire but i am yorkie throu and throu. were you working ? you should have sent me to job lol

i often think that , i say guys coming from halifax over to me then me going over there surley we should swap keep jobs down. unless you were the guy who went to this job. he cut the lead from the timmer to pcb then told customer they needed a new boiler.

They don't get sent the details of unvented so you need to let them know. If you ring up they'll ask for a copy of your unvented card, I scanned mine in and e-mailed it to them. If you want it on your card it'll cost you ÂŁ12 for a new card. I haven't bothered yet as I'm taking some more categories and will apply for a new card when I've done them and they show on the site.

i had the same problem, what you do is email gas safe with a copy of your unvented certificate and send it via email, with a short message with your details, the check and then update your gsr ticket and if you want it on your card you gota pay for the new card or like you sed just wait till the end of the year, hope this helped.

Hi SimonJohns

Here's a serious question - why do you wait to be asked to show your card? You're registered, you pay your fees, it helps differentiate you from the cowboys and it explains your customer all of the many areas your qualified to work in. To me it feels like a really positive thing rather than a nuisance.

I'm not having a go and I'm asking seriously because we have been pushing the 'Show your card, don't wait to be asked' message since we took over but a lot of guys feel reluctant to do it and it would be good to understand why.

I think it's not a matter of we don't show card but we usually going in a house carrying tools etc and it just gets forgotten about IMHO

I think it's not a matter of we don't show card but we usually going in a house carrying tools etc and it just gets forgotten about IMHO

Thanks, that's a really practical point we sometimes forget.

I always make a point of showing my card, explaining about the categories on the back and also explain that they can go on line or ring up to confirm the validity of the card.

Hi SimonJohns

Here's a serious question - why do you wait to be asked to show your card? You're registered, you pay your fees, it helps differentiate you from the cowboys and it explains your customer all of the many areas your qualified to work in. To me it feels like a really positive thing rather than a nuisance.

I'm not having a go and I'm asking seriously because we have been pushing the 'Show your card, don't wait to be asked' message since we took over but a lot of guys feel reluctant to do it and it would be good to understand why.

when i first qualified i did push my card as i was dead proud of it, now its just stuck in the side of my tool bag "just incase"

but i should also add that 90% of the work i do now is commercial and working in large buildings there is very little point in showing it to the "girl on reception" imo, but i may try showing them next job i go to thats gas related

BTW can i just phone up and have this added to my quals list?
what else can i have displayed on my card?

just unvented as far as i'm aware, you must be able to notify them through gas safe ??

Its useful to have GS know that you are qualified to install unvented cylinders, as you can then register them with BC via the Gas Safe website. I've had a few clients require said cert, in order to sell their home. V. Handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented qualification not visible on GSR? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had an unvented cylinder (and gas boiler) installed by a Gas Safe Register engineer. He later informed Gas Safe Register which issued me a gas...
Replies
Views
I have come to my decision I might as well do my G3, even if only for maintenance jobs. Question I have is WHY we are fitting so many of these...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
First - an apology for monopolising the forum with all my plumbing questions! I'm hoping this will be my last and I'll move onto something else...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock