Search the forum,

Discuss unvented cylinder - What would you recommend? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello again everyone,

I am here to pick your brains again, i am Part G qualified and have worked on unvented cylinders but this is going to be my first install, existing unvented cylinder is Ariston 210 litres. what unvented cylinders would you recommend? plumb center do their own brand which is apparently made by megaflo just without the internal bubble?
Any recommendations?

thanks

Megaflo is Heatrea Sadia which is now owned by Baxi group.

A Megaflo without a bubble is their Stanton range or down market again is the Potterton Gold.
Knowing PC it will be the Gold but I stand to be corrected.

The Gold is OK but it is one of the lightweights (not so thick Stainless Steel) so only a 10 year guarantee rather than the lifetime with a Megaflo.
What is boils down to is how long the customer is intending to be there fore & how much money they wish to spend.
You pays your money & takes your choice !!

Last edited:
Hello again everyone,

I am here to pick your brains again, i am Part G qualified and have worked on unvented cylinders but this is going to be my first install, existing unvented cylinder is Ariston 210 litres. what unvented cylinders would you recommend? plumb center do their own brand which is apparently made by megaflo just without the internal bubble?
Any recommendations?

thanks

Its a bit like whats the best boiler, for what its worth i like oso cylinders, nice quality.

as said plenty to go at, ok ones defo the RM ones, (ordering one of Ray in the morning.)
Tribune is a great one but if you want a cheap Tribune buy an ultrasteel, its cheaper and it is a Tribune in disguise, they are made in the same factory

Megaflo are good, but they are probably the most expensive, and you do pay a premium for the brand name.
If price is an issue, I would recommend the Telford Tempest cylinders - similar price to the RM Stelfow cylinders, but better quality!
The RM cylinder casings often have creases in, and the sticky labels curl-up and peel-off, which makes it looks cheap...it's only cosmetic, but still, it doesn't look good; depends how fussy you or the customer are! If it's tucked away in the back of an airing cupboard, it probably doesn't matter!

Its a bit like whats the best boiler, for what its worth i like oso cylinders, nice quality.

a customer of mine has one, whilst working there I noticed the cylinder had split inside the plastic casing. (Approx 4 years old)
Fair play to Oso they had a new cylinder delivered the next day and agreed to pay me £250 to replace.
That was 4 weeks ago, still haven't been paid yet !!!!

PC s own Center brand "CenterStore" unvented cylinders do have a 25year guarantee against leaks & they are, as said are Heatrea Sadia as with Megaflow.
i agree with MegaFlow Experts comment that Telford Tempest is one to recommend - inexpensive & with decent gear with it & Telford claim it is higher grade Duplex stainless steel than many other brands.

center brand ones look like cheap nasty budget cylinders as do the rm stelflow. both are actually ok quality though, its just the finish that lets them down, the plastic coating and such. ideal if customers on a budget however

I've used the Telford Tempest ones, no complaints for me and as cheap as anything else out there.

If money is no object then ACV of course.

thanks everyone, money isnt a big issue he will want quality over price, just thought with the pc one if it was cheaper just because its not branded then might as well save the money.

Morganb What acv stand for? sorry no good with short hand

appreciate all the advise guys

thanks

My views on cyls is that there isnt huge amounts of difference between branded and unbranded. They all do whats written on the tin. As far as megaflo your just payin for the name and air gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to unvented cylinder - What would you recommend? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock