Discuss Unsafe situations changing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMW

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had my gas safe inspection today, and inspector said that AR and ID is going to change next year to a simpler form with it being is it safe, yes or no and not having to determine whether its at risk or immediately dangerous, if there is an issue its to be disconnected. He said it was to do with a court case where a woman had died because a engineer had turned boiler of because it was at risk and the woman turned it back on, at court the judge could no get his head around why a potentially dangerous appliance could be allowed to be turned back so it's suppose to be being changing.

At risk is pointless anyway its basically a get out of jail free card if you ask me

I personally think by them using is it safe yes or no is worse for the engineers, because most at risk situations would more than likely fall under the yes it is safe at this current moment category leaving us open to prosecution. For example a flue that's not clipped correctly but passes all tests screwed at all joints put missing a flue bracket it's technically not causing any problems at present, but what happens in 6 months time when the custard throws loads of stuff in the loft damages the flue ?

I much prefer the oftec way of potential risk or immediate risk.

But as plumbdoctor pointed out what about things like I clipped flues that are installed well (ish) or back boilers and the anular space is not filled but passes all tests.

And where do you stop? No earth bonding on a gas pipe if an electrical current goes down it then a customer brushes past it or touches it for some reason then they get electrocuted! Everything will end up getting capped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unsafe situations changing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock