Search the forum,

Discuss Unknown substance in sink drain in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My sink emits a whiff of something when hot water is used. It isn't the water itself. I've used bleach-based drain cleaners and soda and vinegar to no effect. I took a good look down the drain and found the attached. Whoa.

It isn't scoopable. It feels more like soft rubber and is a single piece. Is it a wrecked discolored mildewy seal or robust biofilth?

Attachments

• Goo.jpg
    Goo.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 24
That's silicone sealant. Have you taken the trap off? how long has it been smelling. Do you have a dishwasher feeding in below? Has anything new been added to your waste system?

Reply to Unknown substance in sink drain in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock