Discuss Unknown lead (?) Pipework to building exterior in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Chris Metcalfe

Hello all,

I'm preparing an estimate for a bathroom renovation in a block of flats. As always I'm trying to flag up / plan for and cost as many possible unknowns as possible in advance. One thing that I've not seen before is the ~50mm pipework connecting into the soil stack (see picture). My best guess is that it's meant to vent an appliance such as a bath to prevent siphonage? The existing bath is tiled in so I've not seen under it.

I would welcome your thoughts!

Many thanks.

Picture?

Sorry, an error has occurred Chuck! Your post is too short. It must contain a minimum of 25 characters and above. your curent characters is 8

Reply to Unknown lead (?) Pipework to building exterior in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some soil pipe/stack help please. I bought my first house end December and unfortunately had a toilet pipe blockage within a...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm an interior designer working on a small residential project, and have a bath that is approx 5m from a vented soil stack, with...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock