Search the forum,

Discuss Undoing hot water tanks in parallel in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

T

taffyinhighlands

I've got a DHW system with 2 storage tanks run in parallel - everything is well set up for the 2 tank operation, but other than completely removing one tank, and draining it to avoid legionella risk, is there a way I can keep both hooked up but only run the single tank (system was installed for 14 ppl, but usually only 5 there now) for most of the time, bringing back online with other one only when its needed?

thanks in advance

Reply to Undoing hot water tanks in parallel in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot water to our plastic header tank in the loft every time we turned the heating on. We first noticed an issue with a leak in our bedroom ceiling which we...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked overflow/expansion pipe. Hence the header tank then reaches the overflow level and the overflow trickles out. I have changed the ball valve washers thinking it was...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
A friend is building 5 en-suites above his pub. An advisor has said he needs a 64kW gas boiler to heat 7-8 radiators and an 800-1000 litre water tank to make sure guests have hot water when they need it. This seems way over the top to me - especially as it's not guaranteed that there will always...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock