Discuss Underfloor heating manifolod position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas donovan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A builder has asked me to put the ufh manifold in the basement which will then feed the ground floor (the pipes will all be above the manifold)

I think that any manifold MUST go above pipe loops for air bubble/airlock prevention what say you guys????

Done it before with no problems. As long as you pull each loop throgh when filling, you will be ok.

no problem at all....not sure you have thought your reasoning through.......

no issues in doing this, obviously commission properly running mains through each loop though.

my concern is that the pipes will be a high point where microscopic bubbles will accumulate and eventually cause an airlock, in the past I have had to cut in 2 auto air vents due to air accumulation and a resulting airlock.
if the manifold is above said pipes then any air bubbles will go into manifold.
surely this is why pipes leave the manifold in a downward direction.

maybe I'm overthinking it, I just don't like call backs

my concern is that the pipes will be a high point where microscopic bubbles will accumulate and eventually cause an airlock, in the past I have had to cut in 2 auto air vents due to air accumulation and a resulting airlock.
if the manifold is above said pipes then any air bubbles will go into manifold.
surely this is why pipes leave the manifold in a downward direction.

maybe I'm overthinking it, I just don't like call backs

The pipes usually leave the manifold in a downward direction because they are dropping into the floor :p
Seriously though, I've done a couple of jobs with circuits above the manifold and haven't heard of any probs (touch wood). The pipes tend to be small enough that any air gets carried through and doesn't build up. I would recommend putting in a deaerator as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating manifolod position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
As part of deep house renovation, planning to install wet ufh on the ground floor, and radiators on upper floor. Two bathrooms will have both...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
I am doing heavy house renovation and want to have ufh (multizone) at the ground floor and radiators on upper floors. I want to have consistent...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock