Discuss Un-sleeved gas pipe, landlord saftey check. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to chuck another spanner in the works , I did my ACS last week and couldn't believe what the assessor was saying ... this is new ish , I didnt know.

Only for certain AR’s , if whatever you are AR-ing doesn't actually remove the risk , you can leave the appliance on !!!! Its in the new niceic books .

Just to chuck another spanner in the works , I did my ACS last week and couldn't believe what the assessor was saying . this is new ish , I didnt know.

Only for certain AR’s , if whatever you are AR-ing doesn't actually remove the risk , you can leave the appliance on !!!! Its in the new niceic books .
But you still have to leave a notice and it is still AR?

Sorry I was wrong for once

Sorry I was wrong for once
If that’s the case mate. It definitely doesn’t happen often. :p You are one of the first people I would come to for advice as I know that you have a wealth of experience and knowledge (a heck of a lot more than me) the reason I was pushing so much was it is what I had drummed into me for years when I was on the cards. I panicked for a second that I had been doing it wrong all this time. But the rules are constantly changing so we are all wrong at some point.

I don't quite understand... Surely everything your at risking...by isolating the appliance it's going to remove the risk or am I being thick?

I don't quite understand... Surely everything your at risking...by isolating the appliance it's going to remove the risk or am I being thick?

No your not , I thought exactly the same thing when I heard it , as we went through the re-assessment they would ask AR , turn off ? leave on ? . No joke this

Eg ( copied out off book ) no AECV at point of entry into a building where one is required, that is AR but its AR “leave on”

Last edited:
No your not , I thought exactly the same thing when I heard it , as we went through the re-assessment they would ask AR , turn off ? leave on ? . No joke this

Eg ( copied out off book ) no AECV at point of entry into a building where one is required, that is AR but its AR “leave on”
It’s called ‘AR no action’ and the best example I can give you is a built over PE service. Dropping the handle will not in any way reduce the risk as it’s upstream of the ECV, however the situation is still AR
AR No Action has been around for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Un-sleeved gas pipe, landlord saftey check. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock