Search the forum,

Discuss UFH auto balance valves in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Guys , customer is having problems with his ufh , not heating enough ,cooling down etc etc,he wants me to fit some auto balencing actuators / valves , I have no experience of them at all, and honestly cant see the point of just trying them for the sake of it .
System is in screed and is approx 6 years old , however he says its never been right from day one .
Thank you in advance.

I think hes ok , as for wiring I would think so , its sounds like a balencing / flow issue to me . It was originally designed by polypipe but installed by a local guy who the customer sacked . He found these auto balencing actuators and is convinced they will work .

9/10 I find issues with UFH are the customers not running it correctly.

As for the balancing actuators never come across them. Tbh they seem a bit pointless as you'd balance on the manifold.

We used auto balancing heads on an underfloor A few weeks ago. They seemed To work well.
you leave the flow restrictors fully open. The heads have a clip on pipe stat on the flow and return. It then constantly opens and shuts to maintain a 15 degree temp,difference.

my issue is the longevity of the heads. With constant movement. Plus they are more expensive

We are polypipe ufh installers if its been installed as per polypipe drawings and specification I would be amazed if much is wrong.
As has been said most problems are customer related. I've set systems up recommended back set temperature ect.
Had to go back weeks/months later 'heating not working ' to find backset temperature played with - balancing altered asked why? We don't want heating on overnight or when we are not in so switch it off!
This is despite giving very careful instructions at time of instalation

We used auto balancing heads on an underfloor A few weeks ago. They seemed To work well.
you leave the flow restrictors fully open. The heads have a clip on pipe stat on the flow and return. It then constantly opens and shuts to maintain a 15 degree temp,difference.

my issue is the longevity of the heads. With constant movement. Plus they are more expensive

I have spoken to him since posting this , it looks like we are going to give them a try . Yes agree on the longevity , hes buying 7 for £180 sounds too cheap to me .

We are polypipe ufh installers if its been installed as per polypipe drawings and specification I would be amazed if much is wrong.
As has been said most problems are customer related. I've set systems up recommended back set temperature ect.
Had to go back weeks/months later 'heating not working ' to find backset temperature played with - balancing altered asked why? We don't want heating on overnight or when we are not in so switch it off!
This is despite giving very careful instructions at time of instalation
I trust polypipe but from what I have seen and heard of the installer I have my doubts , pretty sure customer is using it properly but when its not been right from day 1 it sounds more installer to me.

Reply to UFH auto balance valves in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock