Discuss Two seperate manifolds on two floors in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I installed ufh on two floors. My question is can I run two manifolds on two floors with one pump and mixing shunt?

How do I go about connecting the manifolds together, do I run a T straight after the pump before it enters the first manifold or do I connect the second manifold after it enters the first manifold?

This is what it says on danfoss website about the mixing shunt.

"These are designed for 1 to 3 floor heating circuits and contain both a small mixing shunt as well as 1, 2 or 3 group manifolds"

According to this its possible. Or am I misunderstanding?

What sizes are the manifolds? If they're under 12 ports in total you could run the system off one pump and have a T after the pump going to each manifold.
Ones a 5 port and the others a 6
[automerge]1595646896[/automerge]
Ones a 5 port and the others a 6
Should I put the pump upstairs? Do I run it with a T after the pump or from the end of the manifold to the beginning of the other.

Reply to Two seperate manifolds on two floors in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
HI folks, is it possible/feasible/reasonable to insatll an ufh manifold and system (for a 17m2 room) from a disused CH 15mm flow and return? I...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, I have a set up with rads upstairs and UFH downstairs. I have installed the manifold for the UFH along with 2x Honeywell 2port values...
Replies
Views
Back