Discuss Tundish on unvented cylinder. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have recently fitted a Telford Tempest Hot water cylinder, heated purely by 2 immersion heaters.

I have fitted it with the required 'blow off' piping which includes a small Tundish.

Obviously, the Tundish needs to be open to the air, rather than fully enclosed, but if you test the pipework by releasing the pressure valve, water splashes out of the Tundish. As all the electrics for the immersion heaters are in the same cupboard, can you get a cover for the Tundish that would simply direct the water downwards and not allow splashing sideways ? I was think of something like the plastic 'collars' that vets supply to go round a dogs neck to stop it scratching but a bit smaller !

Thanks, Graham.

If you have the relevant qualification to fit an unvented cylinder you will know the answer, if you haven't please put the area you live so we can avoid that area.

Might be the way the D1 piping is piped up are you G3. I would always expect a bit of spillover when the safety valves fully discharge

Welcome to the forum graham, you should be aware that to install & maintain hot water systems you need to show your competence by obtaining what is often called a G3 or un-vented ticket.

Not to do so is against Building Regulations Part G so you will forgive us if we are not forthcoming with information as to do so could encourage those who haven't obtained theirs to work on these systems.

If you alter or adapt the supplied Tun Dish without knowing what you are doing then you may well breech not only the Building Regs but also the Water Regs as it is designed to maintain a type AA Air Gap.

I am a competent engineer that fits water, electricity and gas into the properties I renovate to rent. I always get them inspected afterwards to provide me with the appropriate certificate and have never had a single negative comment about any of my properties, in fact I usually get comments that I've gone overboard in ensuring compliance.

I could join a "competent person scheme" but I don't do enough to warrant it, hence paying a third party to inspect my work is more effective for me.

So does my situation mean that you will not offer any advice ?

Graham.

Competent engineer in what? So what you're saying is you are neither Gas Safe and work on gas and not G3 registered and install unvented cylinders You my friend are an illegal accident waiting to happen and no you won't get any assistance from us in line with the rules of the forum. Can you not see that what you're doing is illegal?? I'm out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tundish on unvented cylinder. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock