Search the forum,

Discuss Tundish letting water out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
This has been puzzling me for ages & now today I have had a call about water coming through a ceiling.
Went to it, not knowing anything about the fairly new house & found a Heatline unvented cylinder with water all over the floor below the tundish.
Was actually the relief valve from the red expansion vessel passing water slightly & plumbers had joined the discharge into the unvented d1 pipe. Just dirt in the relief valve, but I notice the tundish leaks water from its open sides. I notice a lot of them do let water out, usually if full volume.
Surely these tundishs are not fit for purpose?
I am G3 qualified & the expansion vessels I checked for air charge, - only fault was relief valve. The D2 pipe is not causing any problem.

Last edited:
I have to agree with you , they are *hite. They all seem to splash.
Obviously if d2 is configured properly you are in with a chance.
My unvented at home doesn't splash , LOL LOL

I've done a few services where tundish over spilled due to incorrect d2 but the altec ones seem ok? Use 22/28 ?

Thanks, I think I will consider a better designed tundish to replace it or a bigger 22 x 28mm tundish.
Firstly I think I will raise it with Heatline & see what they say.
I think it is totally unacceptable that all that water escapes from a tundish even though there was only a tiny pencil flow from the heating relief valve.
It doesn't help that the job is a mess - the tundish is fitted behind the unvented cylinder & the unvented combination valve which includes the white vessel, is fitted low down near floor level!
Also the 22mm hot supply pipe leaving cylinder is put tight in front of the t&p valve knob!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tundish letting water out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock