Discuss Trying to identify parts to fix a small leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PhillPaige

Hello all,

Hoping that someone out there can assist. I've got a very small sized leak in (or around) one of the connectors going into my hot water cylinder.

Picture is at http://i.*********/XRu9yuZ.jpg (don't seem to be allowed to add pictures or links - remove space between h and ttp) - I'd like to identify the 4 parts I've labelled A, B, C & D if possible. In terms of markings, A says SYA and has 952 on it, B & D are unmarked as far as I can see (it's a bit of a squeeze back there) and C has SYA and 08 2026 on it.

I can't find a brand or these reference online alas.

Leak seems to be coming from either D or the join between B & D. I've bodged something up to divert the leak for now to stop any further water damage but I guess I need to replace some/all of these parts.

Any tips or guidance on what these parts are very gratefully received!

With Kind Regards
Phill

Last edited by a moderator:
Leave it alone and call a qualified person with a g3/unvented ticket in. It is both illegal and dangerous for you to attempt any work or repair on that system.

Phill, it's along time since I have seen that type , and I can't help you on here, but that's not even right from the initial installation , as said you need an experienced g3 guy in there

Phill, it's along time since I have seen that type , and I can't help you on here, but that's not even right from the initial installation , as said you need an experienced g3 guy in there
Like you say, the prv is not connected to the right port. Can't work out how that is managing to seal??

please get a local plumber who is g3 registered! There is more wrong there than just a leak.

O dear..Well here is what its supposed to look like
shop.lunns.net/ekmps/shops/lunnsekm7/images/megaflo-mk3-combi-valve-3-8bar-95-605-817-95605817-7962-p.jpg
The expansion cartridge was taken out of the C port and replaced with a standard pressure relief valve..creating a total of two discharge points, not sure if D is a cap, if its not oh dear..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trying to identify parts to fix a small leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock