Discuss TRV's & Room Stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jacko

An on going argument beetween my self and other employees if you fit a room thermostat you should take off or change the TRV in the same room as thermostat if it has one other wise the rad will get to temperature but not the room stat. ( Confused my self writing this) i beleive in replacing trv with lockshield valve if a room stat is fitted but am open to other opinions.

TRVs to be fitted in all rooms except where a roomstat is fitted.

its seems pretty obvious but so many just put trv's every where including kitchen and bathroom

had a customer complain her flat wasnt getting warm last week, when i went there she had by far the largest radiator in the flat in a small narrow hallway with a trv and the room stat less than a meter above it

told her if she turned that radiator off the rest of the flat would get warmer and i'd come back the next day to move the room stat
went back and large radiator was on full blast

Last edited:
If my memory serves me correct, you do not require a TRV on a towel rail nowdays?

You are right, no trv on the rad in the same room as the thermostat.

think about it the roomstat controls an overall temperature ideally around 20, 22 so it may be fitted in hall you dont have trv in hall means radiator is not controllable i leave all rads apart from bathroom with trv,s that way you can turn trv down in hallway to aprox 22 then when hallway reaches temp stat stops calling for heat.
If you removed trv this room will reach temp quicker than rest and stop roomstat calling for heat i appreciate it is a balance that is hard to achieve but allways remember trv,s measure room temp not rad temp
derek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV's & Room Stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock