Search the forum,

Discuss Tribune HE 180 indirect problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vman

Hi
Looking for a bit of advice, in a 4 year old new build with a Potterton promax SL boiler and Tribune HE 180 indirect water tank.
The water tank always sounds as though it is in operation even when the boiler is not on. The electric immersion switch is also switched off.
The pump is always absolutely scorching to touch and the two motorised valves have a very slight vibration when touched as though they are in operation and the cupboard where it is situated is like a sauna. The motorised valves are Danfoss and have two settings, auto and manual - they are both set at auto.
Is this normal?
I thought that the pump should only heat up when the timer switches on, which is set for one hour in the morning and one in the evening, and should be much cooler to the touch out with these times.
Thanks

The pump is wired incorrectly or you have a faulty motorised valve... Call a heating engineer

Yes I agree with Gassafe there could be several problems going on there . Yes your valves should be on auto .

My not be a wiring or motorised head fault, Range Tribune used zone valve heads that had the manual overide slot on the bottom and when that valve is open it can locked in the manual overide position by accident . They are now using Honeywell Valves so this is not a problem. If the valve has a white body with black bottom this could be the problem.
I worked on a new build Estate and happened a lot on Heating or hot water.

But being as it's an unvented cylinder you cannot touch it by law, this especially includes the associated controls and valves.

You need a heating engineer with a G3 ticket.

Here endeth the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tribune HE 180 indirect problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock