Search the forum,

Discuss trainee plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danquinn28

Hi I'm in stoke on trent I would like to know if there is anyone in the plumbing trade in the area who is willing to let me work with them one day a week to get some experience on the job I am currently doing a at home course but for one month I have to attend one of their center's for the practical side and I think that this is enough but I would prefer a bit more experience before even attempting anything alone if there is anyone in stoke on trent willing to give me a try it would be appreciated I am a quick learner and I would not expect a high rate of pay as I am a trainee

Thank you Dan

Welcome along Dan, but you better get in the queue behind the ones offering to work for nowt.

I guessed there would be a lot of people after experience but I am just putting myself out there thank you for replying

So after doing a home study course and 1Mth in a training center are you expecting to be a plumber and go out working in peoples homes ?? Sorry you have more chance becomeing the pope !!

That is the reason I want experience with a company or sole trader to get more experience in the trade

its very hard to get into. when i was 18 i done a 2 year gas course and gained my nvq level 2 in domestic gas installations and have done a 2 week block course to gain plumbing experience to go with my gas and gained a level 2 in expanding pipework skills. i worked for a white goods retailer but got a job with a central heating firm but only a few months in i lots my job due to recession and had to go back to fitting white goods again. been in the situation for 4 years now and stil struggling to get back into it. i am qualified to go on my own but in my mind id rather get more confidence and experience before i get into customers houses.

hey dan, i am looking to do this 6 week home study course to gain my 6129 and then try to find work with a company to gain experience, how are you finding the course? do you reckon its worth it?

thanks

6 week home study.... Makes me laugh! Try 4 year apprenticeship. Dont waste your money, you might as well buy plumbing books as you'll learn alot more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to trainee plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock