Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Train me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

I want firstly to know whether I can, as a plumber, put the wire in for an electric shower and also an extractor fan.

If not, do you get sparkys to do this for you?

If so, can anyone please teach me? I'm willing to travel (probably).

Thanks

Rct

You will need an electrician. To do it yourself you would need to spend alot of money on a course to be part p qualified. It's not the kind of thing you can just learn from another guy anymore. You need to be able to choose cable sizes, route it correctly, know if there is spare capacity at the consumer unit, maybe fit a new consumer unit or additional mcb, test the whole house with a megger meter and issue a certificate and a 6 year insurance backed warranty and you need to pay to be registered on such schemes.

Thx, it's a I thought but thought I'd ask.

So when a custard today told me that her plumber was going to do the elec shower & fan etc. I questioned if he was qualified, she said no but he'd do it anyway!!!

So basically, when I look at bathroom jobs that need electric work I call a sparky and he does it. It's all clear now.

I hope that custard is ok.

first guy i worked for would do the electrics himself but tell the customer he was getting a spark in. he'd wait for them to go out or not be around for a short while and pretend that's when the guy came.

I don't think you need to be part P up in Scotland, it's a bit stupid not being able to wire LNE in from one shower to the next if the cable size is correct and so forth...

You can replace showers like for like without any need to certify. Same for most fixtures around the home. It all changes when you start to either alter or add a circuit. So you can change a shower, but you can wire a new circuit for one unless yow am competent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
First of all I have to confess I am not a plumber so please bear with me! I have a Daryl enclosed shower in an ensuite bathroom. It was already...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock