Search the forum,

Discuss Traditional freestanding baths? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trev78

Hi all,

We are currently looking for a back to wall or free standing bath - period design.

Our budget is £500 or less - is that enough and what brands should I look for?

Many thanks!

Trev

That's the ones... But what brands and is the price about right??

You're going to struggle to get a decent freestanding slipper bath with legs and other ancillaries for that price. Be very careful of cheap internet deals - remember the old saying - "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is"

Look at the Denby Thermolite from Fresssh - your bathroom installer can probably get that for you (including VAT and legs) for only a bit over your budget, but not too much. Fresssh are an own brand of F&P Wholesale - the distribution arm of Travis Perkins, so not a fly-by-night crowd.

The legs are expensive. The last one I did I used an old oak sleeper, cut down and a once over with the belt sander. Looked the biz.

I'll be installing it myself - wish me luck!

Thanks for the info.

Old oak sleeper sounds special!

It was in Jewsons yard. About 20, enough left for another set of legs.

If you click on my checkatrade link in my signature there is a picture of it in my gallery.

Nice job. Makes me wonder why I forked out a ton for the legs on mine.

Nice job. Makes me wonder why I forked out a ton for the legs on mine.

I would have liked them shorter, but customer over the moon. The sleepers held down to the floor with L bracketsinto the holes screwed to floorcand then sleepers over top and screwed to the L brackets. Then 4 pieces of threaded rod into the holes in the bath and holes drilled in sleepers to accept them.

Take a look at Royce Morgan baths. They do all the rolled top heavy plastic baths in all types & sizes. Think they are made in UK & could be within your budget including legs. I was very impressed with the first one I fitted & the price was very reasonable.

I've seen those - I think it's between them and the Fresssh Hatton. The Fresssh range seem to have a 25 year guarantee...
Where is a good place to get prices for both makes?

Thanks all - you are a helpful lot!

You should be able to get a price on Fresssh from any independent merchant.

Ok - thanks Ray. Got to persuade the missus now, she says the legs are too close together!!

avoid victoria plumbing or what ever they call themselves, absolute tat

Ebay has expensive used ones with low prices if you're prepared to do a little work.

a word of caution free standing baths never look good in small bath rooms anything under 15 ft sq i think they are a waste of money they need space to be a feature

Thanks all... I'm well on the way with it all now!

Couple of quick questions...

The bath is completely freestanding, with it's back near the wall. Do I need to use stand pipes or can I just use 22mm pipe?

Regarding notches out of joists. A previous owner has taken out some notches quite far out in some joists span. I was going to restrengthen with some new timber. But, the notches are in a convenient place. Should I reuse them, or position them nearer the ends as per regs? They have been there a while!

Thanks!

bu2ubu4e.jpg
udygemes.jpg
zu5u9e9a.jpg

I'd spend as much time mopping the floor after my bath as I would have spent in it.
IMHO they're twee and should only be used for Rom Com films.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Traditional freestanding baths? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. We’re renovating a bathroom and have found the new bath tub drain needs to be closer to the wall than the current drain is. Tub drain fits left to right but the new drain is about two inches closer to the wall than the old tub. Have attached pic of the current drain. Looking for...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, Hope you’re all doing well. I had a new bathroom installed recently which involved new piping, and also capping off some redundant pipes. Since then, my boiler (pretty new Vaillant combi) turns on when I turn the cold water on. I’ve done some reading and it seems like the problem is...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking from the en-suite down into the reception room and the fitter promptly came and repaired it, it was something to do with the area under the sink. We...
Replies
Views
Hi all we are about to have a loft conversion with a bathroom large enough for a freestanding bath, shower enclosure, toilet and wall hung vanity unit.so will be a blank canvas . just wanted to get a plumbers perspective of what are easy installation and for future repairs . ie shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power. There are only a few companies that do central heating systems locally, and they are aimed at the very top end of the market. We are at the lower end of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock