Search the forum,

Discuss Towel rail installation in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have had no end of trouble recently fitting a heated towel rail. First problem is tightening the fittings so that it is tight in the correct position/orientation for the flow/return pipework, these have o rings for sealing but are not always water tight at the correct position. Also some of the other joints are not sealing even having used ptfe tape, is there a liquid sealer that is used to ensure these joints seal first time as I am fed up with fitting and then removing this towel rail. Any help would be appreciated.Ta

22-25 wraps of ptfe

The problem with some towel rails are they only have a few threads to to screw into.
The rubber o-ring should be enough, unless the face of where you are screwing is not flat - which is often.

I roll the PTFE into a string and put quite a few threads of PTFE close to the rubber o-ring and then tighten it up.

Seems to work

Reply to Towel rail installation in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help me please. I have recently paid a fortune to have my en suite shower room refitted and part of this was the fitting of a dual fuel towel rail. I have been having some problems with it but have recently noticed that one of the valves seems to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from. Why I think its I've used calipers on the threads and counted them, and the male end sticking out of the vessel is BSPT 3/4 with 14 threads per inch...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Happy Sunday…first poster here so pls be gentle 😊 I have a Nuie Arvan ARV828 basin mixer tap which I am trying to connect H/C feeds to. The inlets are 1/2in BSP parallel threads. The issue I have is I am wanting to properly seal the inlets with more than just PTFE/Fernox. However I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock