Discuss Torbeck Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

Ok we are northbound M6 & bored spotting Stobart Trucks for money (as we do).

So I asked in the back and our following truck how does a Torbeck valve really operate ?

We must have bought and fitted 1000s - no one knew - we just fit them.

Do tell...................centralheatking :cowboy:

They are equilibrium valves and the pin and the hole have something to do with it.
Apart from that they are a pita.

They are equilibrium valves and the pin and the hole have something to do with it.
Apart from that they are a pita.

The basic principle is that water pressure bears on both sides of the rubber diaphragm but there's more surface area exposed to the water on the side that presses the diaphragm against the inlet shutting off the water flow. But on that side there's a tiny hole - the one you see which gets covered by the tiny rubber bung attached to the float arm. When the float drops and uncovers the hole it takes away the pressure holding the valve shut and water runs through the valve, filling the cistern until the float rises and closes the hole whereupon the pressure on that side closes the valve again.

The basic principle is that water pressure bears on both sides of the rubber diaphragm but there's more surface area exposed to the water on the side that presses the diaphragm against the inlet shutting off the water flow. But on that side there's a tiny hole - the one you see which gets covered by the tiny rubber bung attached to the float arm. When the float drops and uncovers the hole it takes away the pressure holding the valve shut and water runs through the valve, filling the cistern until the float rises and closes the hole whereupon the pressure on that side closes the valve again.

Gotta love google.

I only googled it because I thought that sounded too smart for you Croppie :p

Anyway we play 2x Stobart games
1. How many Stobarts our shotgun (L/H man) spots in any trip a-b nearest gets the loot
ÂŁ5 per man
2. A better game. Not to be played with your wife/gf/partner

As you know Stobarts are named after females - 1 pt for every name on the truck you have slept with - 3 points if you have done in both names both names on the truck side.

Stupot - who is a male slag got over 20 points one day between Lancashire & Kings Lynnn

CHK
women.

one of these
ES%20Kathryn%20Michelle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Torbeck Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are designing and building cooking gas bottles with electronics controlled valves. These are for kids camping chalets. Its purely a...
Replies
Views
D
we had a grant condensing boiler fitted last year, the lad works for a heating company and said would fit it. when he did he put the pipes all...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock