Search the forum,

Discuss TOOL STATION What's this like, reviews welcome? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks even more similar to the monument torch & perhaps IS the same.
I have a brand new monument as a spare torch, just incase my Surefire 2 fails suddenly.
i have tried it once & the flame is great, but the body feels a bit cheaper build than a Surefire.
Monument torch was slightly cheaper than Toolstation price.
i will compare my Monument to the Toolstation photo & let you know.

Does seem identical to the Monument torch, now that I have taken a look at mine.

Don't buy it! Bought one and didn't realise it was leaking gas whenever connected to the bottles went through a bottle of Mapp in one day lol

I have THREE torches. Two SF2 and another one I started out with. Why 3? If I have an assistant and their torch is craarp or they claim not to have one. Also, in case one fails. BTW, I always try and ensure I have at least TWO gas cylinders. Never know when you will need a replacement

Dont know about that tool but have used the company.
Good place to deal with

Bernzomatic Propane & Mapp Gas Trigger-Start Brazing Torch | Torches & Kits | NoLinkingToThis

Just get this, this is a superfire 2 just with different branding. Rothenberger don't make there own tools as far as I know, they just rebrand other manufacturers stuff, i.e the superfire 2.

The only difference is that its fitted with a swirl flame tip.

Just ordered one of the ones from toolstation, my superfire2 is on it's last legs so don't like the idea of getting caught out on a job! Mind you don't want to throw away my current one - we have history

I am sick of the thread going on my superfire 2 s . I remove the bottle as instructions say and the thread eventualy wears out I have emailed Rothenberg but they never respond I get through one every 12 months.

Speak to Raymond about his vulcane express little bit more expensive then the torches listed but looks a well thought out bit of kit

Never worn out threads on robo and always take it off when putting in can

U do know u have to rotate on threaded unions not push fit? I would contact sales rep. We had some bottles leaking he replaced case and gave us multi tools, torch refurb kits and some other tat to apologise

I've had one of the Superfire threads go as well. Had a spare in garage I bought from a DIYer off a carboot for a tenner.

I just leave the gas bottle on the torch at the end of the day, I know they say to take it off when your not using it, I presume to prolong life of seals but ive never had a problem, I just screw the gas valve down on the back after ive finished.

Got 2 superfire between me and apprentice they are great pieces of kit.
TBH its the only torch ive have ever used so have nothing to compare against.

My bro uses a bernzomatic, says it's the same as his superfire2

I just leave the gas bottle on the torch at the end of the day, I know they say to take it off when your not using it, I presume to prolong life of seals but ive never had a problem, I just screw the gas valve down on the back after ive finished.

Me too

One of lads bought monument one it was returned after few days due to being cacckapoo

should not have mentioned my torch the bottle blew off today damn thread gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TOOL STATION What's this like, reviews welcome? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Rad is only a few years old. Paint is flaking away at the top curved section and it looks like faint spots of rust where the rad is now bare.
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock