Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Too high/low heat input in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bhoydavid

Hi all, I've never actually had it occur but I was just wondering when servicing what is the procedure if an appliance gives an above maximum KW/mbar rating or below minimum KW/mbar rating. Thinking back to my ACS and can't for the life of me remember being told about this. Cheers

If inlet pressure low and gas rate high it's ncs unless it's causing an issue with other appliance I.e hob or fire then it's AR . Over gassed cause problems like lift and soot.

if it gives below kw rating it might need cleaning ie burner nozzle etc, and if its above the nozzle may be worn, if its a boiler it may need setting up as per mfis. basically if your servicing something it up to you to leave it set up as per mfis

Well a starting point would be,what sort of burner technology are we talking about? Is it natural draught or forced draught?

It all depends on by how much. 10% under and 5% over is ok anyway. Any more than that and you might need to start investigating. If it's a modern boiler, the throttle may need adjusting on the gas valve, the inlet pressure may be incorrect, but providing it is working safely, it's a judgement call. You could test everything else, fga, inlet pressure, case seals, if everything else looks ok and you can't see what the cause is, I wouldn't be too concerned. Older boilers, could look at injectors, burner pressure, flue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Too high/low heat input in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock