Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet seat hinge HELP- am i a morron?!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaronious

I am having the most painful experience trying to put my toilet seat back on.
It has been loose for a long time, so i managed to get it off to have a look...but can't get it back on!
its a top fixing toilet seat, with no access to the underside.
it has plastic hinges, where the seat slides on and latches into place.
i can tighten the screws back up
but i can't actually figure out how to get the seat back onto the bolts.
the seat is all one piece of plastic, it doesn't come apart so that i can fit the bolts from above
there has to be an easy way??
here are some pics, if anyone has had any experience with this type of seat!
i haven't been able to find it anywhere!
thanks!
jalbe
think the make might be roca.

1.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg

Take seat fixings out of the toilet and these slide into the back of the toilet seat with the bolts still attached then feed the bolts back into the 2 toilet holes still attached to the seat then screw back down

Depends how the screws are fixed from underneath, possibly self tightening bolts, in that case be careful how far you unscrew them.

Sorry misread your original post i have looked at the pics and it looks like you will have to take out fixing bolts and move it forward slightly to get at seat fixings

It just slides back onto the baseplate. There are two ridged sliding buttons on the bit connected to the seat to secure it when installed. Make sure these are In the open position or it won't go back on

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

thanks everyone.
Kay-jay this makes the most sense.
however there are no buttons that i can switch to open.
the baseplate is solid.

It would make sense just to slide the fixings onto the baseplate and then screw the bolts back down, but there is no access to the bolts from the top of the seat.
all very frustrating.

Use a couple of toggle bolts into the holes for the seat. Works a treat.

i feel terrible cos i just have no answer to the op's problem with this seat....sorry

I am having the most painful experience trying to put my toilet seat back on.
It has been loose for a long time, so i managed to get it off to have a look...but can't get it back on!
its a top fixing toilet seat, with no access to the underside.
it has plastic hinges, where the seat slides on and latches into place.
i can tighten the screws back up
but i can't actually figure out how to get the seat back onto the bolts.
the seat is all one piece of plastic, it doesn't come apart so that i can fit the bolts from above
there has to be an easy way??
here are some pics, if anyone has had any experience with this type of seat!
i haven't been able to find it anywhere!
thanks!
jalbe
think the make might be roca.

View attachment 6368View attachment 6369View attachment 6370View attachment 6371View attachment 6372
You need to go into any of the plumbers merchants and ask for an ASTRA wc seat

the original fixings are pushed into the holes from above. then you screw them in and it expands in the hole until tight. there is no wingnut underneath. when the baseplate is fixed in this way then the seat just slides back onto it.

in picture one you have the baseplate attached to the seat, and in picture 2 you show the fixings connected to the pan. this is wrong. correct way is to fit fixings through the baseplate and secure, then rest of seat slides on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet seat hinge HELP- am i a morron?!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock