Discuss Toilet pan to cast iron soil pipe conumdrum-help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamiepm

Hi all,
Currently sorting out my dad's bathrom/toilet area and have a problem I'm not sure how to overcome. Basically the soil stack is of a cast type, to which I've trimmed back to make it less intrusive into the room.The toilet pan position is approximately 1 metre away from the soil pipe connection, and I don't have the tools/time to reposition and convert to a plastic pipe closer to the pan position. So I've bought a flexible pan connector, which if it was longer would do what I need and connect the pan to cast soil pipe. Having had a quick search via Google I'm struggling to find one or more fittings that will do the job. Any takers on what fittings I could use???

Cheers in advance

Jamie

you need the tools and time to reposition and covert to plastic soil pipe, no shorts cuts here Im afraid, apart from a blocked bog if you try using flexi connectors!

depends how it is going to be finished ie boxed in etc, but rather than use a flexi i would use a No1 multi (which usually goes onto the wc bowl) then fit 1m of 110mm pvc pipe into the back end of the multi and extend it to where it needs to go to, then put another No1 multi into the end of the pvc pipe and fit the bowl, looks a wee bit weird but will work 100%

Ok sounds like a plan, 1 final question, can i ask what a 'No1 Multi' is?

Cheers, Jamie

one of these

529_thumb.jpg

you could use cast to plastic rubber furnco then u could run some 4 inch dont use flexi they are shizzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet pan to cast iron soil pipe conumdrum-help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good evening I've came across 90mm cast iron before and used mcalpine extB (90 to 110 extension) But what I have here kind of bellows out to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Helping a friend, his soil stack is cast iron. The bath and basin wastes (all removed now) went into individual entries on the stack. These...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock