Discuss Toilet overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I imagine this overflow pipe is now doing nothing now but just want reasured. The toilet suite I ripped out wasn’t connected to anything going outside, and the new one I installed has got a overflow within the cistern. I take it this was connected to the original toilet fitted when the house was built (15 years ago)? I’m planning on removing the pipe then having a new brick to cover hole up. Just paranoid that it’s connected to something else. But surely not?

Thanks

8B47B2E6-6D95-4EF8-A25B-FBA3D94E2D16.jpeg

Nope it shouldn’t be connected to anything but the old toilet

Shame the original installer just drilled that overflow in middle of a brick instead of through a joint.
I would just leave the old pipe to save bother of removing brick and let someone else get confused about what it is for in another 15 years time. :)

Good idea lol, but I need another brick replaced by a rough sky engineer that’s busted a brick to put a cable into the house. So thought I’d may aswell have both bricks replaced while the guy is out replacing the brick

Don`t understand why you can`t see the other end indoors tbh.

That’s what I was thinking, I reckon the toilet I took out has been the second toilet fitted since house build maybe. So when that was fitted, it maybe exposed the hole in the wall, then been filled/painted? There was defo no holes when I removed toilet and the new one has overflow built into it.

Reply to Toilet overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m new to the business so apologies if this is a stupid question. I was tracing the cistern tank overflow pipe and found it eventually...
Replies
Views
Hi, would be extremely grateful for any advice on the following. I'm installing a bathroom (shower, toilet and sink) in my summer house. It has...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock