Discuss Toilet keeps running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, I’m having problems with my toilet, water keeps running and won’t stop. I tried adjusting the level of the float but that’s not stopped. Also pulled out the dual flush valve to give the rubber ring a clean. My pipe just keeps running water and won’t stop. I’ve had to isolate the water supply at the minute and having to fill it manually so I can flush the toilet. Can anyone help at all? I don’t fancy paying a plumber when i’m sure it’s a easy fix. I’ve uploaded a photo to show which pipe it is. Many thanks

01A7A2EA-A91A-4678-9DF4-3E0328108866.png

Lift the float of the fill valve up / does it stop filling ?

So the float / inlet valve keep filling no matter if you hold it up manually?

As you can isolate the water, empty the cistern completely and fit a new valve Michael.
Plenty of how to videos to help you, 15 minutes work.

Not your average cistern then Sam, ask a dozen plumbers which valve and get 8 different replies lol.

Yeah some fancy over complicated close coupled. Just had a whole cutout on the pan ceramic for the ballvalve to drop through...but you even had to attach a flexi too it first before dropping it through as there's no way of tightening it up. Nightmare.

Yeah some fancy over complicated close coupled. Just had a whole cutout on the pan ceramic for the ballvalve to drop through...but you even had to attach a flexi too it first before dropping it through as there's no way of tightening it up. Nightmare.
See it a lot with Designer toilets now, reckon they are designed to irate us! :cool:

I hate those Ideal Standard diaphagm washers. After 4 years they hole and then the water pressure cannot shut them off. If I weren't able to replace the whole valve with something better (like a Torbeck Ecofil), then I'd bite the bullet and buy a couple of new washers: one for now and one for in 4 years' time.

Reply to Toilet keeps running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock