Discuss Toilet just keeps flushing!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard2010

The exact make of the toilet is "Excelsior High Level Cistern" by BC Designs which has only been installed for about a year. Recently the toilet, when flushed, continues to fill and flushes again which can be repeated 4 or 5 times before it finally stops. Can anyone offer any advice on how to resolve the matter or explain why its happening.

Thanks in anticipation.

the valve[flush] is knackered take it out fit a fluid master forget about it for a few years

the valve[flush] is knackered take it out fit a fluid master forget about it for a few years

exactly,
dont think about trying to repair either, you will be on it hours and still wont work right then you have to make excuse after 3 hours that you are going for replacement part included in the £45 you quoted, then bugger off never to return.:eek:
hmm sounds familliar?.

the fault is the dropper valve rubber has lost its shape, just renew the lot.

its a high levl cysten not fitted one for ages so dont know for sure but i cant imagine they have the new type drop valves ?

Had one like this the other week. The problem was when the wc was flushed the cistern was filling quicker than the water syphoning out so there was never a air gap to brake the syphon. So it caused it to flush and fill constantly.
Try ajusting service valve to slow the flow of water
or you cam get a insert for the float valve to reduce pressure. And the last one is change the flush volume on the syphon (if it has one, little caps that can be removed from the body.
Hope this helps.

fluid masters do sometimes tend to shut of quite abrubtley and cause your pipework to rattle if not clipped securley ! use a turbo flush valve much better !

Is it a standard old fashioned lever syphon or a modern flush valve?

I looked on Google, and if you've been paying £600 for it I would be onto the manufacturer!

Last edited:
we need to know if its a syphon valve or modern flush valve. If a syphon valve it may be the wrong restricotr in the float valve assembley. The newer flush valves i dont undertsand, they look like spaceships and if i have a problem i swap the lot, its as cheap and easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet just keeps flushing!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock