Discuss Toilet Fixture Minimum Flow Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

relaxjack

Is there any standard or guideline on toilet fixture minimum flow pressure ? eg. WCs, Shower, Sinks, Basins, etc. or its not imprtant as long as the required flowrate is achieved.

There are BS standards to govern flow rates through waste pipe work

Flow rate through fixtures like a w/c,will be incorporated in the design by the manufacturer to meet water usage allowed for a particular function

imho

how about the available flow pressure at the fixture? i've been told 8psi is the general requirement but i've not seen it in any standards or guidelines.

how about the available flow pressure at the fixture? i've been told 8psi is the general requirement but i've not seen it in any standards or guidelines.

Sorry but I'm not really following your drift

the flow pressure at the basin taps, shower mixers, flush valves, etc.

Think you are not making the distinction between flow rate and out let pressure

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at bs6700
And bs8000 part 13 or 15. One of them is hot and cold water services

Yes, i think im confused here. It all started when i saw a water supply design criteria somewhere i cant recall. Its something like this.

Fixture.......... Flowrate (gpm)........... Flow Pressure (psi)

Shower................ 3.................................. 8

Does it mean that I'll have to provide a pressure of 8psi at the fixture outlet in order to have a flowrate of 3 gpm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet Fixture Minimum Flow Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock