Discuss Toilet cistern water coming through kitchen tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Niamh

Hi, hope someone can help as I'm going to go crazy trying to solve this. This is a long post, let me explain a bit first. I live in turkey, have recently bought a new house. The pipes here are narrow bore so we're not allowed to flush paper etc down loo.

I recently put blue blocks in my upstairs toilet cisterns, a couple days later blue water came through the hot water (on a mixer tap) in the downstairs kitchen. I got a plumber in who pretty much chuckled at my predicament and said it was to do with the solar energy system, fiddled with it and said all would be fine. Which it has been, although I thought there was a blueish tinge to water on occasion but put it down to paranoia.*Yesterday, the council plumbers were in to our neighbours (not attached) flushing their drains as they were blocked.. Raw sewage smelling water pooling round upright pipes in their garden. As the council cleared pipes (with large reverse hoover machine thingy) a geyser of raw sewage pumped up downstairs toilet floor drain and toilet bowl**same happened to neighbours. The workers explained pipes were narrow n blocked and are fixing it.*Immediately after, I ran kitchen taps... Blue water again. It's fine now but I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light. I never felt the original explanation was correct!*Sorry for long post!!

Hello Niamh, welcome to the forum.

having been to Turkey several times I know that the standard of acceptance for plumbing could be better.
for example the makeshift pipe for a wc/bidet setup.
who knows what is happening without seeing, if it is the toilet blue in the tap, then it is down to a dodgy pipe layout, which could well be the standard??

Thanks for taking the time to reply Simon. The plumbers here do not seem to understand/share my concern about contaminated water. Some expats with DIY knowledge have suggested one way valves being placed on main supply to cistern, something to do with rigid tubing/siphoning and low pressure. I'm at wits end as I can't do this myself but hoped if I could explain to local plumber what I 'thought ' it could be then I might get somewhere.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Simon. The plumbers here do not seem to understand/share my concern about contaminated water. Some expats with DIY knowledge have suggested one way valves being placed on main supply to cistern, something to do with rigid tubing/siphoning and low pressure. I'm at wits end as I can't do this myself but hoped if I could explain to local plumber what I 'thought ' it could be then I might get somewhere.

Could be the water is being siphoned up the w/c inlet and into the cold water storage cistern, hence the blue water but as above it's very hard to diagnose without being their.

Hi Niamh

This is a good nutty problem which will attract loads of attention

There is plenty of collective knowledge on here
BUT in order to
advise you properly - can u put up a diagram /schematic of the
plumbing layout as you percieve it ?

Then we can all see the rabbit - centralheatking

Thank you everyone, I'm away from the house til Thursday do will take photos and describe things as best I can. Please bear with me though as I am a total layman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet cistern water coming through kitchen tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock