Discuss tips on changing thermostatic valve on a shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I need to change the thermostatic cartridge on a Hudson Reed twin control shower (its been seized shut, suspected limescale, for over a year). Apparently it is a straightforward task, though I'd like to know what happens next with this..
I took the knob off, and got this far. I suspect I simply turn the water supply off, take the retaining disc off, then get a spanner on the cartridge and unscrew it.
I've watched HR videos in which you need to line up the hot and cold inlets with the relevant bits on the cartridge, but since this style screws up (rather than slides in), am I right in thinking that's not an issue?
I just pop the new one in, do it up, adjust the max temperature with an allen key, put the knob back on, job done.
Is it that simple?
How far would you all go with this job - eg, would you go the whole hog and take the fascia off, innards out and service the filters?
Words of experience would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Jennie

2013-11-29 10.48.38.jpg2013-11-29 10.48.52.jpg$(KGrHqVHJBkFBR0-nyn2BRrI-q!E9w~~60_12.JPG

Definitely clean out any filters or strainers while the water is off, keep a bucket of water handy to do this. I always smear o'rings with silicone grease before fitting them, they will last longer and fit better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tips on changing thermostatic valve on a shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock