Search the forum,

Discuss Tiger 944 gas fire problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Buller44

Hi ppl,

Been to a customers this afternoon who have been experiencing problems with a Tiger 944 nat gas fire (stove).
It has been shutting off between 25-45 mins of being lit.

I was at the property for about 45 mins today checking various things. (inlet gas pressure, spillage, flue flow, oxypilot seems clean) fire was working fine until i packed all my kit away and then all of a sudden it just went off.
My customer said that it seems to happen when the boiler fires for heating or when someone opens a hot water outlet in the kitchen. Could this be coincidence? When the fire is on max gas inlet is 19.8 mbar when i fired the boiler it went down to 15.9 mbar and then steadied at 17 mbar. There was no spillage from the fire so i assume that ventilation isn't the problem.
Please excuse my basic drawing skills :).

Grant.JPG

Any suggestions please?

Have you checked the gas pressure at meter with all appliances running?

Have checked at meter with everything on and getting a reading of 18.2 mbar.

Call transco your gov is goosed. Oh and you might have a piping issue to stove as there is more than a mbar difference

Last edited:
Call transco your gov is goosed. Oh and you might have a piping issue to stove as there is more than a mbar difference

Thanks Atouchofgas i will give them a call when i am back there tomorrow and will see if i can find where the pipe is buried

A quick phone call to Transco, new meter was fitted and everything was sorted. Once again thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tiger 944 gas fire problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock