Discuss Three tee rule in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can anyone explain this in simple terms perhaps with a diagram?

Read up from the John Reginald central heating book but without a diagram I'm non the wiser.

Does this only apply to "y" plans and anything to do with the 150mm between cold feed and vent from f+e cistern?

I know its the rule of thumb to prevent reverse circulation but tbh I don't understand it.

Fitted loads and normally common tee in a/c but doing alot of zoned heating now on both combi and un-vented systems so just wondering if it would make a difference where we joined all the returns.

reread Mr R and you might notice he is
Silly question I suppose when:

"The 1st tee will be the open safety vent pipe connection"

On the return pipe it says the first tee will be the feed and expansion pipe connection but on the diagram and on other diagrams in other books shows the feed and expansion pipe filling on the return.
I have always been sent an airjec to use which prevents any of these issues happening I suppose.

Whenever you do the H, not that they are too common these days upgrade it and the joining piece between the tee's for example primary flow from boiler up in 22mm then fit 28mm tee carry up in 22 for expansion tee across in 28 to the next 28mm tee come down into the tee with your 15mm feed and carry out to the pump in 22mm that is a job well done!

The book does have diagrams, and I thought it explained things in an easy to follow logic.
the picture with the 3 tee rule relates to older boilers with a low resistance to flow through them.

the next part refers to "boilers with a high resistance" - low water content,
the diagram shown there is the set up you are familiar with,
vent and fill together at neutral point. ( or an airjec )

The book does have diagrams, and I thought it explained things in an easy to follow logic.
the picture with the 3 tee rule relates to older boilers with a low resistance to flow through them.

the next part refers to "boilers with a high resistance" - low water content,
the diagram shown there is the set up you are familiar with,
vent and fill together at neutral point. ( or an airjec )

Looked at it again and I understand it better now. The diagram with picture of cylinder is the set up im familiar with but that diagram isn't for the 3 tee rule (I dont think). It shows the cold fill into the flow and not return so contradicts the 3 tee rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Three tee rule in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi new to the forum here and after some advise please. I have done a garage extension and need heating in the room. I am in a town house with no...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just getting my head in a twist regarding the 3-tee rule (last tee on the return pipe should be hot water). I have a customer with an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant ecotec plus (ground floor) and an unvented cylinder (top floor). This is an s-plan with a downstairs ufh zone and a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock