Discuss thoughts on a leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob150811

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I re piped the gas in an old cottage im drilling the route of new pipe through bedroom to dining room and hit a plastic water main that's run in the coving in the room below(dining room) i don't feel i could have anticipated it being there and don't want to claim on my insurance anybody have experience of this or similar and the outcome

bit, coving fell down and the adhesive made a mess. carpet a bit mucked up because of concrete floor making odd wet patches soft red bricks soaked up water small wet patch next door nothing super dreadful carpet may or may not need replacing

Depends on customer i would say , do they see to as an accident or not??

I accidentally drill through a soil stack yesterday in a void, customer was yapping so much i wasn't concentrating and accidentally drilled into it.

Sometimes its less hassle to just sort it yourself .

Isn't this exactly why you pay insurance? It's an accident but I think it's yours to put right so you'll either need to dip into your pocket or use the insurance.

Anything that's going to cost you a lot more than your excess, put it through insurance.

Fix the problem you caused, get paid for the work by the customer and leave it up to the insurance company and the customer.

If you drove into the back of a Ferrari or Bentley, you would have no issue in having your insurance company pay for the repairs.
You wouldn't feel guilty, you would feel relieved for having insurance.

Certainly an accident and you couldn't have anticipated the pipe being there, but these things happen and you need to sort it out. You caused the leak and the damage. Up to you to see what the customer wants sorting out and working out if it is worth claiming on insurance or not.

Depends on the cost of damage and the customer

Sometimes customers like when things go wrong and cause damage to their property.

It means they get a hell of a lot more work done and claim it on the plumbers insurance.

Carpets ruined - need replacing.
Have to do the whole house because we don't want mixed matched carpet.

Can't match paint - have to paint the whole room and more.

Been there and done that - just pay the excess and get hammered when you want to renew your policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thoughts on a leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge...
Replies
Views
I have a pressure leak on my CH system. Our piping is buried in the walls (maybe a mistake) and the room-to-room pipes are now covered by flooring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock