Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss There are drips down through my house along the soil stack in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and then through the kitchen to the drains. A while back I started to hear a drip hitting the kitchen ceiling (now with some ceiling evidence too) from when the kids were in their shower. Now I can also hear it when they use the sink in that bathroom and now more irritatingly from the first floor bathroom too. There has been only one episode of smell which resolved when I unblocked the first floor bath/shower (long hairs).

Is it likely that all the connections have moved/worn at once? Do I need to take the plaster board boxing down? Is there a way of using a scope to look? Is this an external person job (which I suspect it is)?

Thanks

Steve

Reactions: Lou
Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting. Could you post a photo of the ceiling damage?

Reply to There are drips down through my house along the soil stack in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, few years off doing the work but I like to plan. Can a soil stack be rerouting away from the house, over an extension roof? Reason to...
Replies
Views
The soil pipe from my bathroom passes through the outside wall and into the roofspace above the adjacent single storey kitchen before dropping...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is...
Replies
Views
We have a bathroom where drainage runs across the house to soil stack. After shower especially in night when there is high temperature difference...
Replies
Views
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock