Search the forum,

Discuss thank you british gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
got another power flush job done thanks to british gas !
engineer went round last week , turns flow valve under boiler 3/4 off boiler over heats and tell customer its a need of a power flush !
customer called and got job done today !
changed all valves + ch filter+cost power flush still cheaper then bg quote for power flush only !

THANK YOU BRITISH GAS ENGINEER ,

KEEP THEM TRICK OF THE TRADE COMING :)

BG used to have integrity when I worked for them.
Sad if it's gone down the pan!

Yes i forgot to thank them the other week when i got a magna clean install, and a complete downstairs re-pipe, as leak on central heating pipe under concrete floor somewhere. Due to my price being alot cheaper.

Would be difficult to be dearer than BG but I think people go with them because they can pay monthly if BG are your gas supplier they can just add it to your quarterly bill.

BG started going downhill slowly in the late 90's, gathering speed through the 2000's until we are at a stage now where they are all about the money.
I went to a job last week where their service guy had AR'd and capped the boiler because the compartment ventilation was 84mm2 undersized (he actually wrote that on his sheet) About the size of my pinky nail.
He got his couple of quid commission for getting a salesman out but i got a boiler swap even though the boiler itself was fine and i offered to turn it back on.
I should really be grateful for their underhand techniques as i make a few quid off them too.

i seem to be missing a few flushes from them.
the customer always agree that there quote is extortionate, yet when i quote for ÂŁ300-400 inc filter for 5 rads i dont hear from them again?.

i seem to be missing a few flushes from them.
the customer always agree that there quote is extortionate, yet when i quote for ÂŁ300-400 inc filter for 5 rads i dont hear from them again?.

Im the same redsaw.....i have found out there are people are doing pf's and fitting filters for peanuts round by me undercutting my prices by at least 80quid so im having to do the same to get the work!!!.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

At least you get a chance to quote a job !

two mounts back i was asked to do a full ch system with combi ! i quoted 5k , bg quote was 8.5k and i still did not get the job as owners son in low was a builder and he offered me ,him to supply all the gear and me to give him a full list of materials and then he would have paid me 1k cash for all the work .

have a guess did i do the job :)

And the funny thing is the bg guys slag us off!!

no one likes us, we dont care Leo21 ! we provide better service for a reasonable price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thank you british gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock