Discuss Textbook shower pump install is giving me trouble!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anttheplumb

Hello fellow plumbs,
I recently took on a shower and shower pump install which is giving me some problems and I was wondering if any of you good people could help me diagnose the problem. I have installed the 3bar Stuart turner monsoon pump next to the hot water cylinder using a surrey flange for the hot water feed and I have installed a new dedicated cold feed from the CWS tank. The outlets from the pump have a short run to the new shower valve which has a drencher head. I left the pump and shower in working condition in the hands of a happy customer and as far as I was concerned it was job done and on to the next. A few days later I received a phone call from the customer saying that they were using the shower when all of a sudden the water stopped coming out the pump stopped and the hot feed to the taps air locked. I went back to the property to investigate but couldn't find anything untoward other than the obvious air lock that I managed to shift with the old hand over the spout of the mixer tap trick. I checked the shower and shower pump and all appeared to be fine. A few more days pass and I receive another phone call from the customer telling me the same thing has happened again. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening? The only idea I have is that the pump may be dragging air in through the hot water vent, but surely the Surrey flange would stop that from happening, or would it?
I would greatly appreciate some ideas guys.

It's draining the cws tank check it's size and the delivery rate (mains inlet flow rate)

What he said ^
We had one like that, leave it running and see how the level of the tank is after a reasonable time like 10-15minutes.

Thanks for the ideas guys. The storage tank is a good size so I'd be surprised if that is the case. I'll have a look tomorrow and I'll post my findings.

Tend to agree with the quatity of stored water especially as you have a 3 bar pump ...shifting the water quicker than it can be replaced....regards Turnpin:smile5:

Hi there anttheplumb and welcome along, What size of cold water tank did u connect onto .? I mean 3 bar is a big pump so like the guys are suggesting it sounds like it's sucking it dry, so more storage needed methinks , good luck and keep us posted on your outcome , cheers ,

SForage may be adequate but part 2 may not be refilling adequately . Bit of grit in it or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Textbook shower pump install is giving me trouble!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc)...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock