Search the forum,

Discuss Telfords Thermal Store Drop tight PRv in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi -

I have a Telford's Tristar Thermal store with a Caleffi 533..h PRV set to 3 bar.

The PRV doesn't appear to be drop tight, so static rises from 3 bar to 5.6 bar when no flow.

When I had the thermostat replaced on the cylinder recently the plumber doing the job suggested I should replace the PRV. When I had another plumber out (as the original wasn't available to do the job) to replace it they suggested that it didn't need replacing as it was fine for it to not be drop tight and for the pressure the creep back to mains. It's been like this since install, around 6 years ago.

My question is, who is right and if I do need a drop tight PRV, any recommendations on brand?

If it rises from 3 to 5.6bar very rapidy which is probably the mains press then the expansion relief valve will lift at 6bar every time the store heats up, it takes 7L to increase the pressure from 3 to 5.6bar with a 18L E.vessel and 9.5L with a 24L.
The Caleffi 533841H doesn't specifically state that it is drop tight other than saying that it conforms to EN1567
The Honeywell D04 is not stated in their brochure as being Drop Tight whereas their D05 is stated as being Drop Tight,

If it rises from 3 to 5.6bar very rapidy which is probably the mains press then the expansion relief valve will lift at 6bar every time the store heats up, it takes 7L to increase the pressure from 3 to 5.6bar with a 18L E.vessel and 9.5L with a 24L.
The Caleffi 533841H doesn't specifically state that it is drop tight other than saying that it conforms to EN1567
The Honeywell D04 is not stated in their brochure as being Drop Tight whereas their D05 is stated as being Drop Tight,

They don’t have a expansion relief eg prv is only there to regulate the incoming coil pressure to under 10 bar

Reply to Telfords Thermal Store Drop tight PRv in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock