Discuss Tech cert assessment 1 - advice needed please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ourkid

I've had a break in my training for a few months due to other commitments.Now i'm due to go back to the centre and straight into my first assessment. (6129 level2)
I've been reading the Steve Muscroft book during any spare time i have but it's the details of the assessment itself that are confusing me, i'm still unsure as to what exactly i'll be expected to do.Also, i'm trying to find an example of a fitting schedule as i've never seen one.Is it just a list of what i carry out when installing the pipework for the exercise?, i'm worried that i'll either go into it in too much detail and waste time, or alternatively not give enough info.I'm not asking for answers, but any advice would be appreciated before i go into it blind!

The info i have in my paperwork is .....

4 day assessment, theory units Health & Safety in plumbing,Key plumbing principles,common plumbing processes.
practical units CT-1 to CT-9, S-5A B S-6.8,9 PP1,2,4 S-7C, S8.

Now, the theory units are self explanatory so i've no problem with them, it's just the practical side, i can't relate the unit numbers to anything in my paperwork or manual?....., and like i mentioned before, are we expected to provide a fitting schedule when we do the sink/pipework install, if so, it would have been nice to see an example.We were promised one but it never happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
the practical unit numbers all relate to jobs in the City+Guilds VRQ level 2,6129 Plumbing Task manual. this is the book you are given at the college/centre to fill in. this book stays at the college until finished ( or at least that was my experience )
I am sure you can find a copy of it somewhere on line.
ct is all to do with copper
s-5A/B using LPG, all the S units are towards safety issues,
pp1-4 soil and waste pipe work/fittings

as far as i can remember, we got worksheets giving specs of jobs to be completed in the practicals

hope this link helps, if it works this is the complete manual, but you say you have got a manual?

www.cityandguilds.com/...plumbing/6129_Level_2_Task_Manual.p...

Thanks for that!, the manual i have is the Steve Muscroft book that i bought.I've never seen a task manual..it all seems a little vague at the moment.

is this your first time at the training centre?

No, i've done Workshop 1 and 2,then recently got sent a date for an assessment

Simon, i can't get the link to the task manual to work, it takes me to the C&G site, any idea how to navigate from there to find the manual please?

Last edited by a moderator:
what is workshop 1+2? does that relate to some practice work before the manual requirements?

A fittings schedule is just a list of fittings you will need (and be given) to complete the job. It relates to things in the real world as you look at the job, see what you need to do it, get the stuff and do it.

just a thought, is it not easier to phone the establishment and ask them? People on here are happy to try to help but you haven't mentioned who you are doing the course with as someone else may have been there too.

Give them a call, don't be shy!

Good luck with it.

Rocket

For my practicals at college we had to write a tools and materials list, perhaps this is what you are referring to? We had to write absolutely everything we would need, right down to a pencil

for NVQ Tech Level 2 most colleges follow Plumbing NVQ and Technical Certificate Level 2 books from JTL - about £25 and better for the training than Steve Mus. Most of the time you'll get instruction before you start anything and so long as you have completed your studies you'll have no problems. stop worrying, relax and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tech cert assessment 1 - advice needed please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock